Head of ICT Job at Century Microfinance Bank in Nairobi
Position: Head of ICT.
Century Microfinance Bank Limited seeks to fill the position of The Head of ICT.
Reporting to: The CEO
Station: Head Office- Nairobi
Job Summary: Overall in charge of ICT. To maintain the key business software systems and the related technological delivery channels.
- Develop, maintain and review the bank’s ICT policy and procedures which support the strategic objectives.
- Ensure the organization has appropriate and up to date ICT functionality, software and hardware in an effective, efficient, secure and cost conscious manner.
- Establish appropriate management controls to ensure that projects deliver the required functionality on time as per budget allocations.
- Prepare and manage annual ICT budget, expenditure, cost reduction and ensure value for money is achieved.
- Manage, evaluate and ensure security concerns for the bank are addressed.
- Bridging of different technical platforms to allow sharing of functions and data
- Develop and Implement an application architecture that provides for the independent selection of a platform, for application execution and database services and enables IT to efficiently deliver and upgrade strategic computer applications
- Maintenance of an applications and technology infrastructure that exploits an architecture enabling technical and business operations
- Develop and Implement systems to provide a foundation upon which web- based services can be added without major modifications
- Either upgrade, acquire or develop applications in such a way as to facilitate user access by web browser.
Web & Mobile:
- Create easily navigable/ user friendly intranet (SharePoint services) and extranet web sites that are compliant with accessibility regulations
- Provide multiple channels for both Century staff and client access at the most cost effective way
- Exploit intranet technologies that enable employees to communicate, access reference data, follow up on open issues, order goods or services and provide other intra- departmental services
- Implement systems to provide a foundation upon which web-based services can be added without major modifications.
- Development and maintenance of web-site.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- To guide, lead and manage the staff under your supervision in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency and a high degree of discipline in all activities.
- Participate in the setting of annual objectives and inculcate a culture of bi-annual performance appraisal within the ICT Department
- 5 years’ experience with 3 experience in business application systems.
- Degree in computer science or Equivalent, Master’s degree is added advantage
- Advanced computer skills- SQL Server, Oracle, Firewalls
- Thorough knowledge of financial services and or demonstrated ability producing requirements that support test- driven development
- Thorough knowledge and of regulatory requirements as relates to MFI institutions
- Micro finance industry policies and industry development is added advantage
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com indicating the job title by 20th September, 2020